Overflow

Remember when I said I loved you? I whispered in your ear, my body draped across yours, hip to hip, ankles entangled, my mouth buried in your hair, smelling your skin. I ran my finger along your neck, across your collar and placed my palm flat on your chest, my thumb resting in the divot under your throat, printing your skin with my mark. I loved you then, in that moment. In the quiet. That restful place between dusk and dawn, between the night before and the morning after, the undertow of aching desire and tentative rest. The ephemeral, elusive, quicksilver seconds that consumed us so completely I spilled over, out of my heart. Messy, unkempt, staining the bed we buried ourselves in.
I loved you then, in that moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving in Stasis

Kindness Is A Boomerang

Good, Not Great