The Disconnect

It's all about you but you knew that. Eventually, at some point, you would bleed into my words since you completely consumed my mind and body. Wrapped up in my skin I wear you in sheets, like a cannibal, layered over my bones, a new fangled fascia knotted yet stretched thin. You left but were never really here. I thought you were but then the light shifted and suddenly you were far, far away. My body reverberates in open chordings, familiar sounds I can't replicate without you. Tangled up in a confusion of memories, woven into the tendons and ligaments, contorted by time and distance. A receiver left hanging from it's cradle, a dial tone underscore. Hang up already. Disconnect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving in Stasis

Kindness Is A Boomerang

Good, Not Great