To Whom It May Concern

Can you stop playing with the mirror? It's going to kill you. I'm gonna wake up one morning to an eviscerated red tabby and it won't be pretty. I have no idea why you keep trying to swing off that thing. It's not like it's even in motion. Then again, with a brain the size of a chestnut, what can I hope for? Oh, I'm sorry, are you napping now, is that the plan? Tearing up and down the carpeted hall then literally climbing the walls for the last 40 minutes tuckered you out? Hey, I know- why don't you rest for a while then round about 3, 3:30 am come and bound over my head while climbing onto the shelf above my bed. Don't forget to yowl non-sensically too. That would be awesome. Just so you know, I don't get more than a 3 hour stretch of sleep at any given time. REM? Pffft, who needs it. Deep, restorative, healing sleep? Overrated. Then- and this is great, it really is- when I have to get up an hour later, punch drunk with exhaustion and puffy eyed from your assaults to my head all night, I think you should scream for no apparent reason and incessantly wind your way underfoot, regardless of where I step. And this time when you trip me and I fall headfirst in the corner of the overhang on the fan above the oven, I'll need 6 stitches over my left eye, cause hey, facial symmetry is important, right? Thanks for that, by the way. Hawt. Oh, wait- I almost forgot. When I finally choke back my toast with almond butter and a banana as I rush to get my sorry ass out the door for work on time, keep jamming your paw in my face and at my food. That's...well, I have no words. It used to be cute. Freakin eat-you-alive adorable, back in the day when you were so small and delicate and quiet. But look, the truth is Buddy, you are starting to annoy the crap outta me. Your spontaneous fits of explosive Bruce Lee chop socky moves, levitating and destroying anything remotely shreddable is wearing me down. So, I'm only gonna say this once: cool it, ok? Give a gal a break. Look, I doused the scratching post with catnip. Sprinkled some of those kitty cat crack treats across the floor. Go. Rub your face all up in that shiza and get your groove on. Then, for the love of pete, settle the fuck down. For once. Please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving in Stasis

Kindness Is A Boomerang

Good, Not Great