One Way Love Song

You don't have to worry because I've got this.
You just calm your sweet self down and let me figure this out, all right?
Alright alright alright, hehehe....
Ok, yeah.  Yup. I know.
I know, I won't- I won't say that. Ok. ALRIGHT.
YES.

You used to love it when I....ok, right, no, got it. Yup. Clear as can be.
Crystal freakin clear, Judith.
What.
What.
Now wait, hold on- no. That's not true. Do not say that. I did not say that, Judith. No I did not.
That is NOT what I meant,  and I think you know-
Hey.
Hey!

Judith. Jude. Ju- *sigh*

I apologize.
I shouldn't have diminished your response, that was disrespectful and patronizing. When I am being glib you feel belittled. I hear that, I do. Thank you.

Yes, Judith, I really do.
I am sorry. That was not my intention. I was merely trying to-
Ok, I'll stop, just stop talking, yeah? I won't try to justify, or explain or clarify or illuminate. I won't impress, or cajole, or bedazzle, or lure or...
Right, yup. No verbs, ok.
I know. 
Bad Thom. Irritating Thom, got it.
Jude. Honey. Hey....

I'm going to try this again, shall I.
You don't have to worry because I've got this and even though you're more than capable and competent, please, let me take care of this one thing. For once. Just let me do this one thing.
Ok?

Alright.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moving in Stasis

Kindness Is A Boomerang

Good, Not Great